It’s spring cleaning time, so while you’re dusting your desk and throwing out old files, be sure to take some time review and refresh your employee benefit documents. Here are a couple of tasks our employee benefit client advisors have recommended for your spring cleaning checklist:
- Log in to your carrier portal. Your client relations advisor can help you access the carrier portal to access bills, print ID cards, etc.
- Audit your monthly bill. Take some time to review your premiums to ensure you are not over-paying for your benefits and that you are not being charged for anything extraneous.
- Determine a schedule to consistently communicate with your employees. You are your employees’ health insurance advocate. Keep them informed of changes in their benefits with consistent reminders and communication.
- Additionally, it would be worthwhile to create a calendar of deadlines for your employees on when items are due.
- Distribute benefit documents. If you haven’t already done something like , take some time to distribute your Summary of Benefit Changes, helpful handouts, and benefit election forms to your employees. These documents would be valuable both digitally and printed.
Your client relations advisor is available to help you get your benefits organized for the new year so you are taking advantage of all that is offered to you. Contact us to day with any questions!